Have you heard of this wonderfully creative idea - the Vélo'v
Like, say you've missed the last bus AND train and you've absolutely no cash on you for a cab ride home? What do you do? Well, if you're in France, you can do this (as from the Vél'ov's website):
You present yourselves [sic] at a station vélo' v
- You are identified
- You travel by your bicycle
- You circulate
- You hang up again it at another station of the network
By "circulate", it means you ride the Vél'ov for free for the first hour, subsequent hours are charged at 2euro [why don't I have the euro symbol on my keyboard!] and as long as you managed to pass by the next Vél'ov station, you don't have to pay at all. Simply return or exchange the bike at your nearest station, which is guaranteed to be within 300 metres! Isn't it a wonderful and an extremely green method to travel?
Only the French, I tell you, only the French can think of that! And Vél'ov is available at so many places between Lyon and Villeurbanne! Heck, I don't know where it is but I want to be in France now!
No comments:
Post a Comment