You know how Aquarians always want to think that they are able to save the world, change the world and make the world a better place? That's me.
Decided to donate blood today. All 340ml of Rhesus Positive O blood.
But before I could donate that precious lifeline, I have had to be embarrassed by the medical officer, have my veins collapsed on me and have the wound opened up on me! Can you imagine blood squirting out of your body? It was my first time - considering that I am a 5th time blood donor.
Perhaps it's just me and silly things always happen to me.
= = =
A blood donor is required to declare his/her health status and lifestyle to the medical officer (MO) and often, there are pretty personal questions which are being asked in these health questionnaires. Some of these questions:
have you had sex in the past 6 mths?
have you had sex with someone you've known for less than 6 mths?
have you paid for sex?
have you had sex with a man who may have had sex with another man?
Obviously i answered negative to all the above questions yes? The MO was totally unprofessional and gave me a face - i swear I saw his face twitched!
He then added after that spastic twitch, "You may leave anytime - no questions asked - if you have forgotten any information or are not sure about the answers."
To which i retorted very politely, "No, I am VERY sure about these answers. I used to do the marketing and publicity for this Blodbank - and oh, I have never had sex - would that put me in the lowest risk profiles?" *stared blankly at MO and acted blur*
= = =
And after the episode, the nursing aid couldn't f= = = ind my veins. She poked into my left and right arms. I've complicated veins, it seems.
Halfway through the donation process, the blood flow stopped. I freaked out. the nursing aid adjusted the needle and the flow continued. She then said, "You've very weak veins - not good for blood donation." Right.
= = =
After I've rested, and the wound bandaged with a cheery purple band, I was at the entrance when blood just started squirting out of the wound - the first thought that came to my mind was, "What a waste of O+ blood!"
I thought I saw the some of the blood being absorbed into the marble floor. Cool - my blood is part of the building's foundation now.
= = =
While donating blood, I thought, "How nice it would be if I belong to you, in your blood stream - so that I will never lose you."
No comments:
Post a Comment